Do I have to create a student profile?
This is going to be your platform for your blogs, portfolios, and anything else digital-oriented you’re going to need for the next few years. This is an easy way for employers and recruiters to find digital marketing students, which already puts you a cut above the rest. If you want a job or an internship, this is a no-brainer.
Okay, you’ve convinced me. What do I need to do?
Register with your username and account:Register
(Read it all – you won’t regret it.)
- Be sure to upload a professional headshot. This is your first impression – make it a good one!
- What is important for employers to know about you? Make it like a tweet – brief and to the point.
- Indicate your graduation month and year and what type of position you’re looking for (full-team/internship). This is imperative for employers to know.
- If you have a video introduction, upload that as well. If you don’t have one, don’t stress about it.
- If you have an internship (or two) to expand on, this is a great talking point to show them what you have experienced.
- Add your LinkedIn profile, Twitter handle, Facebook, Instagram, and personal website, if appropriate. Do not share anything you don’t want to – these are all optional. This is just so employers and recruiters can know more about you and reach out to you directly.
- There is a place to indicate the year you participated in the Digital Marketing Competition and who your coach was. This leads to easy talking points with any recruiter or employer – please be sure to fill this out if you’ve participated!
- Indicate any specific areas you’re interested in – don’t be shy, tell them what you want!
- There are places to upload your projects for MARK 4450, MARK 4650, and other work projects. Consider this your visual portfolio to show employers that are looking for indicators on how you think through projects like these.
- Upload your resume. This is an easy way for employers and recruiters to see what you’ve been doing and if you’re qualified for the positions they’re looking to fill.