Downtown Chick-Fil-A to Remain Open Late On Weekends

• 6

Downtown Chick-Fil-A to Remain Open Late On Weekends

If you haven’t heard, Chick-Fil-A is opening a new franchise in downtown Athens. This store will be replacing the Five Guys that once stood at the corner of Broad Street and College Avenue, and represents a much affordable option for a town of college students. With the store opening on November 5th, Athens residents have been asking one big question: What will the hours be? In a town where the weekend night life is a defining feature, Chick-Fil-A’s limited hours can be seen as an obstacle. Most Chick-Fil-A branches close at 10 P.M., and all branches are closed on Sunday’s. This policy had many would-be, late-night patrons concerned. However, recent news reported by The Red & Black is that the downtown Chick-Fil-A will remain open until 3 A.M. on Friday and Saturday mornings (Thursday and Friday nights). While the store will close at the regular 10 PM time on Saturday’s to maintain the sanctity of their Sunday closure policy, Athens residents are rejoicing at the prospect of late night Chick-Fil-A. This decision to keep the store open late to accommodate bar-hoppers was very smart from Chick-Fil-A. Their reputation for costumer service has many customers regarding the brand as the best in fast food, and this move to serve the needs of locals only heightens that reputation.

6 Comments

Olivia Rascoe

Olivia Rascoe

October 30, 2018at 11:49 am

Honestly I’ve been asking myself that exact same question every time I pass the construction downtown! I’m glad to hear that there will be some accommodations concerning their hours given their location. I think that it is important for that specific location to make some efforts to stand out. I know that Chick-fil-A tries to be innovative in terms of their buildings and locations so I think this is a great way to do that! I am just wondering if this is the first store that does this or if there are others – or will there be others after? I can’t wait to see how it does!

Maddie Smith

Maddie Smith

October 30, 2018at 11:53 am

I am so excited for this location to finally open!! I think it is so smart of CFA to choose to stay open late because they are obviously paying close attention to who the target market is. With a crowd like college students in a town like Athens, CFA would be crazy to not take advantage of the business these late hours will bring them.

Morgan Allen

Morgan Allen

October 30, 2018at 12:22 pm

This is such exciting news! Once I heard they were building a Chick-Fil-A in downtown I was so curious to know if they would stay open later as that would be such a smart business decision for the franchise. Their location is perfect for a late night place but also regular buisness hours. This will be such a great addition to downtown Athens!

Alex Krause

Alex Krause

October 30, 2018at 12:23 pm

This is big news for me personally and a very smart decision for Chick-Fil-A. Given its location and late-night hours, the downtown Chick-Fil-A franchise will undoubtedly be very successful. I’ve heard that the interior space for this location is very limited and that the franchise will serve mostly pickup orders. It will be interesting to see if the downtown Chick-Fil-A can still deliver excellent customer service to drunk customers who roll up to the pick up window at 2am demanding nuggets.

Sophie Turcotte

Sophie Turcotte

October 30, 2018at 1:07 pm

I think this is a brilliant move for the ChickFilA franchise. When the news first broke that they were opening a CFA downtown, I heard several rumors that they were going to be open late, even on Sunday mornings (Saturday nights). I used to work at CFA so this puzzled me because one their core values is to remain closed on Sundays. But I see now they worked with their values and with what the locals wanted, and I respect that a lot.

Lesly Servin

Lesly Servin

October 30, 2018at 2:19 pm

I think it is a smart business decision for Chick-Fil-A to stay open late on Thursdays and Fridays to compete with the local restaurants downtown. However, I am curious to see how or if Chick-Fil-A will be able to maintain their great hospitality reputation while serving intoxicated college students downtown.