You can now create an account to engage with employers seeking digital marketing students at UGA. Design your profile to highlight your interests, what kind of position you’re seeking, your social media accounts, AND display the projects and blogs that you have created!
Here’s what you need to do:
Register with your username and account here.
You’ll receive an email confirming all the information you’ve just entered.
10 Steps to Building Your Digital Marketing Profile:
(Read it all – you won’t regret it.)
- Be sure to upload a professional headshot. This is your first impression – make it a good one!
- What is important for employers to know about you? Make it like a tweet – brief and to the point.
- Indicate your graduation month and year and what type of position you’re looking for (full-team/internship). This is imperative for employers to know.
- If you have a video introduction, upload that as well. If you don’t have one, don’t stress about it.
- If you have an internship (or two) to expand on, this is a great talking point to show them what you have experienced.
- Add your LinkedIn profile, Twitter handle, Facebook, Instagram, and personal website, if appropriate. Do not share anything you don’t want to – these are all optional. This is just so employers and recruiters can know more about you and reach out to you directly.
- There is a place to indicate the year you participated in the Digital Marketing Competition and who your coach was. This leads to easy talking points with any recruiter or employer – please be sure to fill this out if you’ve participated!
- Indicate any specific areas you’re interested in – don’t be shy, tell them what you want!
- There are places to upload your projects for MARK 4450, MARK 4650, and other work projects. Consider this your visual portfolio to show employers that are looking for indicators on how you think through projects like these.
- Upload your resume. This is an easy way for employers and recruiters to see what you’ve been doing and if you’re qualified for the positions they’re looking to fill.
Here’s a quick “how to” to help you create your profile:
- From the home page, go to the drop-down “Connect” Tab
- Select “New User – Sign up”
- From here, you will create a unique username and password to create your account.
- Once you’ve created an account, you’ll notice that your profile is empty! To add content, click the settings wheel icon and click “Edit Profile.”
- You can now add your profile picture, cover photo, information about you, and more!
- Scroll to the bottom and notice that there is a section to add your work.For example, if you’ve take MARK 4450, add your Brand Comparison paper. That paper is a work of art and should be displayed!
- Click “Update Profile” when you’re finished!
- Now, when you go to the “Student Profiles” tab, you should see your page along with your other classmates.