For many of you, this is your last summer as a student. Next year (and every year after that), you’ll have a full-time job. Life will never be the same again. Some of you will embrace this notion as an exciting opportunity and others will look at the calendar with fear and dread. Either way, it’s coming so buckle up.
To help you make the most of the upcoming school year, I’d like to offer a preview of what’s ahead so you can prepare to make this year your best yet.
“Where did the summer go? School can’t be starting yet. I’m not ready!”
I get it. Moving back to Athens, figuring out where your classes are, buying all the books/supplies you’ll need along with reconnecting with your friends is a lot to do.
Don’t panic! Figuring out what you have to do for the Digital Marketing Area of Emphasis does not have to be stressful. All you have to do is complete the tasks on the checklist below and you’ll start the year ahead of the game:
- Double check to see that you are registered for or plan to take the required academic courses
- Make certain you have formally declared the Area of Emphasis with your Academic Advisor (Laura Richardson or Jason Booth)
- Bookmark this website
- Follow us on social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Plan to attend Digital Marketing Area of Emphasis Orientation on August 25 in Brooks 145
- Subscribe to or download events from the Digital Marketing Dawgs Calendar (Subscribe button is in the lower left corner)
- Consider joining one of our marketing/networking clubs (AMA, AIMA, SWAT)
- Check out the jobs and internships page
- Start thinking about what you want to say on your Digital Marketing Student Profile page
- Register for SPARKsouth Marketing Conference
Whether you spent the summer working, doing an internship or traveling, I hope you had fun, learned something, and had a few experiences that will forever mark the time in your memory.
Welcome back dawgs.